January 10, 2014, the Prime Minister issued Decision No. 68/QD-TTg approving the National Strategy on Pharmaceutical Development in Vietnam until 2020 and vision to 2030.
I. DEVELOPMENT PERSPECTIVE
1. Provides drug for demand of prevention and treatment with quality assurance, reasonable price, consistent with the disease.
2. Construction pharmaceutical industry, focusing in developing generic production with quality assurance, reasonable price, replace imported medicines. Production vaccines, drugs, herbal medicines.
3. Pharmaceutical development towards specialization and modernization, development of delivery drug systems, professional and standardized.
4. Drug use safety, efficiency and boosting clinical pharmacy operations and pharmacovigilance.
5. Effective management phases of production, export, import, storage, distribution, use.
1. The general objective:
Providing timely, high quality, reasonable price drugs according of disease, economic and social development, ensuring safe use, reasonable. suppling of drugs for social policy, ethnic minorities, the poor, the rural and remote.
2. Objectives until 2020:
1. Provide drug timely for prevention and treatment of disease.
2. Production is 20% of the demand for drug raw material, domestic drug production accounts for 80% of total drug consumption in years, herbal medicines accounted for 30%, domestic vaccine production to meet 100% of demand for EPI and 30% of the demand for immunization services.
3. 40% of generic medicines have registration numbers for circulation was assessed bioequivalence and bioavailability.
4. 100% store of drug distribution, 100% vaccines testing have Good manufacturing practices (GMP) license.
5. 50% of provincial hospitals have clinical pharmacy department, 50% of district hospitals, private hospitals have clinical pharmacy department.
6. 2.5 pharmacist / 10000 pepole, clinical pharmacists accounted for 30%.
2. Objectives until 2030:
Domestic drugs production meet the demand. Specialized production of specific drugs, vaccines, biologicals for disease prevention, produce drug raw materials. Drug testing, distribution, clinical pharmacy equally advanced countries in the region.