March 23 in Vung Tau province Vietnam, Production Sharing Contract (PSC) joint venture companies including Vietsovpetro (VSP - 55% ), PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation (PVEP - 30%), Bitexco (15%), the Subcontractors and local authorities have launched the Ca Tam oil field. Ca Tam field, also known as Sturgeon field, was discovered in 2014. According to Zarubezhneft Ca Tam field CT-4X , Block 09 / 3-12, a water-free flow of oil, with a production rate of 650 m3/day was achieved from the Oligocene deposits. Ca Tam field will be operation for 2019.
VSP will domestic procurement and self-design, construction, installation and offshore operation. VSP is Production Sharing Contract Operator, is also EPCI (Engenering, Procurement, Construction and Installation) Contractor.
Scope of Work & Subcontractors:
1. PVC MS (Petroleum Equipment Assembly & Metal Structure J.S.C): Wellhead Platform (950 tons), oilfield airport (180 tons).
2. Lilama 18.3: leg platform.
3. ALPHA ECC: rig construction.
4. Metal One Corporation (Nippon Steel): piping.
5. PVCoating (PetroVietnam Coating Joint Stock Company): insulation coating services.
6. CTAT ( Vietnam Petroleum Institute ): anti corrosion material .